Please note that any Prayer Request submitted here will not be confidential, but may be viewed by anyone accessing this website. Please be as specific as possible in your request, but also maintain the needed confidentiality of those for whom you may be requesting prayers. Thank you.
ST. PAUL PRAYER LIST
1. We pray for our Family of Faith: remembering those celebrating birthdays this week – Darlene Eckroth, Rick Ernzen, Nanci Smith, Debbie Moulden, Alexander Williams, Dayton Krites, Sharon Adams, & Lyndsey Laramore. May the Lord bless you!
2. We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Larry Bass (to undergo 6-weeks of IV-antibiotic treatment for 3 severe infections – MRSA is the least)
+ Katherine de la Cruz (following an allergic reaction to a wasp sting)
+ Susan Jobe (daughter-in-law of Erv & Shirley, now in Hospice Care)
+ Dale Pair (father of our school “Picture Lady,” Dana Pair-Compton, undergoing radiation/chemo)
+ Jane Branum (mother of KC area Stephen Ministry leader, blind from rare scalp/facial cancer)
+ Randy Asher (friend of Denis & Kathy Johnson, at KU Med Center, following a severe stroke)
+ Harry Allison (convalescing after suffering 3 fractured ribs in a recent fall)
+ Erv Jobe (condition is improving with an Aspen Collar neck brace following the facture of 2 vertebrae)
+ Shirley Jobe (recent stress-test results show Congestive Heart Failure)
+ Jim Wegner (friend of a friend of Pastor Ed, with seizure activity following a stroke earlier this week)
+ Joan Nance (following recent outpatient oral surgery)
+ Marcelano Trujillo (GI testing done this past week indicates a lactose-intolerance)
+ Cheryl Orlowski (diagnosed with superficial thrombophlebitis in right leg – upper-thigh to ankle)
+ David Bezona (son-in-law of Larry & Velma Bass, who continues to recover from a foot wound)
+ Martha VanSandt (remains at Twin Oak Rehab as she awaits further ankle healing)
+ Joan Burre (convalescing after recent Achilles Tendon surgery; spinal surgery has been postponed)
+ Robert Goldsborough (nephew of Pamela Robinson, awaiting kidney transplant)
+ one close to many of us (undergoing medication adjustment, including the start of new treatments)
+ and those who battle cancer: Barbara Aldridge; Bonnie Baines; Susie Beying; Jeff Borrink; Jean Carson; Paula Darling; Georgeann Geis; Steven Grace; Norma Griffith; John Gurss; Richard Hambleton; Donna Humble; Pam Hund; Larry Johnson; Nancy Keel; Sam Kell; Walt Kloster; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober;Willi Mansil; Judy Matthijetz; Tom McBath; Karen McNeese; Marilyn Miller; Theresa Miller; Dale Niece; Sandy & Wayne Nighbert; Sue Pitts; Gary Powell; Paul Printiss; Star Roberts; Bernie Roller; Lyn St. Louis; David Schwinn; Kent Seeler; Gay Lea Shaw; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Linda Vernon; Phelba Wecas; Sara (Schlueter) Weidner; Doris Woodward; Carolyn Wrigley; Dave Zakutny
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … Lynn & Helen Genter, at the death of his maternal aunt, Denelda Rohrs; … Danial Wilson & Brianna Blackwell, who will be united in marriage this coming Saturday; … Rev. David & Amy Dahlke (PLI-D2MC colleagues of the Meases & Denneys), at the discernment of the Lord’s will regarding both a pastoral call and a government-church liaison job offer. The Lord is with you!
4. We raise up our efforts in sharing the Gospel, especially: … Kid’s Connection, our “Mission of the Month” for September (your gifts now total $140); … the work of our Principal Call Committee. Let’s “cultivate awesome relationships for eternity” – in part by “personalizing a Christ-centered education.”
5. We pray for our Nation: seeking blessing over those in our Armed Forces – especially those deployed and their families: John Crowley (Afghanistan); & Zachary Kincaid(Kuwait). God Bless America!
THE PRINCIPAL CALL COMMITTEE is accepting Nominations – candidates must: 1) be rostered with the LCMS; 2) hold a Master’s Degree in Elementary Administration; & 3) preferably have previous elementary principal experience. Nominations may be submitted in writing no later than today, either by handing a note to Pastor Ed this morning, or sending an email to the Church Office (firstname.lastname@example.org); and must include the nominee’s name, address, current call information, and “why” you feel they should be considered as a candidate for our position. Only signed nominations will be considered. Questions may be directed to either Randall Hoppe, Call Committee Chairman (913-240-3623; email@example.com), or Pastor Ed Mease (913-758-7624; firstname.lastname@example.org). We seek your prayers over the call process in preparation for a winter call to begin the 2018-2019 school year.