Please note that any Prayer Request submitted here will not be confidential, but may be viewed by anyone accessing this website. Please be as specific as possible in your request, but also maintain the needed confidentiality of those for whom you may be requesting prayers. Thank you.
ST. PAUL PRAYER LIST
1. We pray for our those celebrating birthdays this week: Jessica Waymire, Rick Hall, Chris Hall, Marcus Collins & Jennie Estrada. Happy Birthday!
* Psalm 104:33 – “I will sing praise to my God as long as I live!”
- We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Beth Diaz (will undergo skin cancer removal in mid-December)
+ Patricia Brink (Nancy Fruechtenicht’s sister, will undergo total hip-replacement surgery Wednesday)
+ Linette Wilson (friend of Joey Denney, kidney/liver biopsies this week due to return of leukemia)
+ Bill Souser (recently underwent the removal of a skin cancer from his cheek)
+ Kristen Michaels (a school parent, following recent laparoscopic gallbladder removal)
+ Matt Waymire (will undergo further knee surgery after a work-related injury – set for December 10)
+ Claude Collins (hospitalized at the VA, cancer has returned … “apparently with a vengeance”)
+ Christine Hogan (cousin of Meghan Mease, after successful emergency removal of a brain tumor)
+ Suzie Lawson (continues her recuperation from double knee-replacement surgery)
+ Kristan Branson (fiancée of Billy Wells, remains hospitalized at KU Med Center after auto accident)
+ John Wayne Barker (Pastor Ed’s uncle, surgery for arterial blockage after Thanksgiving; also COPD)
+ Sherry Byrd (friend of Suzie Lawson, to begin radiation for cancer in abdomen)
+ Connie Denney (continues recovery from recent arthroscopic procedure performed on tendons in hip)
+ Rev. Jason Boetcher (Circuit Visitor, begins chemo tomorrow – mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma)
+ and those who battle cancer: Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Jean Carson; Karen Curto; Paula Darling; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Norma Griffith; Heidi Hammell; Donna Humble; Larry Johnson; Sam Kell; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Naomi Matthys; Jim McCarty; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Theresa Miller; Dale Niece; Sue Pitts; Paul Printiss; Bernie Roller; Nadine Ruffer; Mike Schmolt; Lyn St. Louis; Tommy Schomaker; David Schwinn; Kent Seeler; Storm Shannon; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Linda Vernon; Phelba Wecas; Sara Weidner; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Carolyn Wrigley; Dave Zakutny
* James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … John Schermbeck (his daughter, Shelby Heim; & all their family), at the death of his wife, Linda; …from last Sunday night’s Lutheran Service at the USDB, we have this request: for the many new inmates at the facility, as-well-as the many new military personnel, who will be experiencing their first holiday season away from family, that they be given courage, and that those who are Jesus-followers would be able to provide a positive witness to both the inmates and the guards; … the negotiations for the sale of the Pin Oak Acres Apartments, and all that will follow for the corporation, tenants, and our congregation.
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel – especially: … our November “Mission of the Month” – the Voice of the Martyrs – as they support persecuted Christians around the world (your gifts now total $190); … the business before today’s Semi-Annual Voters Assembly, and the ministry that will result from it; … this week’s 7th Street Feast, that people be fed both physically, spiritually and relationally; … all our congregational ministries: the School, Kid’s Connection, Paul’s Buffet, Dinner Church, our KKLO Broadcast, the Community Garden (and more) – that the Lord would use them (and us) to bring people to know His saving grace.
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
5. We pray for those in our Armed Forces: especially those who are deployed: John Crowley & Willie Williams, III (Afghanistan); Alex Feistner (Japan); Shelby Long (Iraq); & Evan Abramson (Middle East).
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”