Please note that any Prayer Request submitted here will not be confidential, but may be viewed by anyone accessing this website. Please be as specific as possible in your request, but also maintain the needed confidentiality of those for whom you may be requesting prayers. Thank you.
ST. PAUL PRAYER LIST
1. We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Mary Rogers (consulting with heart doctor due to a recent flare-up of tachycardia)
+ Claude Collins (micro-surgery to remove malignancy from upper right lung set for Tuesday at KU)
+ Hudson Baker (almost 4-years-old, born with ½ of a heart, to have further surgery on Thursday)
+ Mike Ross (friend of the LaRoche family, will be undergoing tests)
+ Judy Ronk (following insertion of a 2nd stent after heart-catheterization performed this past Monday)
+ Kara Chesarek (Tom Orlowski’s niece, will be undergoing a thyroid biopsy)
+ Lani Cobb (Leonora Feldman’s daughter, undergoing tests at Mayo, unknown medical issues)
+ Tom Orlowski (at home after hospitalization for treatment of silent-aspiration & graft-vs-host disease)
+ Mary Ann Webber (convalescing at home after recent hospitalization for the treatment of diverticulitis)
+ One of our Own (beginning reintegration during inpatient addiction treatment at a facility in Shawnee)
+ and those who battle cancer: Barbara Aldridge; Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Jean Carson; Karen Curto; Paula Darling; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Norma Griffith; Heidi Hammell; Donna Humble; Larry Johnson; Sam Kell; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Jim McCarty; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Theresa Miller; Dale Niece; Sandy & Wayne Nighbert; Dale Pair; Sue Pitts; Paul Printiss; Bernie Roller; Tommy Schomaker; Lyn St. Louis; David Schwinn; Kent Seeler; Storm Shannon; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Gail VanVelzer; Linda Vernon; Phelba Wecas; Sara Weidner; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Carolyn Wrigley; Dave Zakutny
* James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … the family of Pat Rush (especially her children: Milt, Jr., April & Melissa), following her death this past Thursday (tentative funeral plans are for after Labor Day); … Leo & Natasha Schmidt, & their son, James (Leo is a High School friend of Monica Collins), at the death of their 4-year-old son (& James’ twin), Wyatt, from being struck in an accident; … Nicole Knetter, and her children, Payten & Cash (neighbors of Denis & Kathy Johnson), at the death of her husband, Jason, in an auto accident; … Alan & Rhonda Crute, their stolen car has been located (and subjected to a lot of cleaning, but without any extensive damage or loss – PTL!).
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel – especially: … our August “Mission of the Month” – Layla Clark, and her family – helping with their ongoing medical and family expenses (donations now total $690) – Layla is home now, following a procedure to close the leak in her lymphatic system (the chromosomal 18p Deletion Syndrome is a situation that will be monitored all her life); … all of our congregational ministries: the School, Kid’s Connection, Paul’s Buffet, Dinner Church, the 7th Street Feast, our KKLO Broadcast, the Community Garden (and more) – that the Lord would use them, also using us, to bring people to know His saving grace – especially today, as we celebrate our ministry “together as pastor and people” on this recognition of Pastor Ed & Becca serving at St. Paul for 25 years (for a total of 35 years in ministry as husband and wife: Peace Lutheran Church in West Bend, Iowa, 1984-1989; St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Coffeyville, Kansas, 1989-1994; at SPLCS since 1994).
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
5. We pray for those in our Armed Forces: especially those officers and families at Ft. Leavenworth for CGSC & SAMS; … plus those who are deployed, and their families at home: John Crowley & Willie Williams, III (Afghanistan), Alex Feistner (Japan), Shelby Long (Iraq), & Steven Shelton (Qatar).
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”