1. We pray for those celebrating birthdays this week: Steve Fruechtenicht, Helen Genter, Zachary Harrison, Carol Reese, Jane Seuser, Michael Bednarz & Nash Sloop. Happy Birthday!
* Psalm 104:33 – “I will sing praise to my God as long as I live!”
2. We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Matt Waymire (medical consultation this Thursday will determine if further hip surgery is needed)
+ Nancy Fruechtenicht (the 2nd cataract surgery is this coming Wednesday)
+ Cindy Hammons (who will undergo double cataract surgeries, starting in March)
+ Louise (friend of Barbara Regnier, dealing with a number of health issues)
+ Jess Thacker (former SPL teacher & friend of Helen Genter, with vascular issues in his ankle)
+ Patsy Pennington (Rhonda Crute’s mother, suffered hairline fractures to her shoulder from a fall)
+ Paul Pennington (Rhonda Crute’s father, has been diagnosed with COVID)
+ Laszlo Tabroluski (co-worker of Rhonda Crute recently diagnosed with MS)
+ Sharon Adams (observing a restricted diet to treat gastritis)
+ Tillie Pike (friend of Margaret Hanawalt, at Providence due to infection from ruptured appendix)
+ Terrence Gonzalez (3-yr-old nephew of LaVonne Scott) has begun treatment for leukemia)
+ Bernie Roller (friend of Don & Eleanor Denney, who is now in Hospice Care)
+ David Berger (Helen Genter’s cousin, who has been hospitalized with ongoing neurological issues)
+ Monica Collins (being treated for 3 compromised discs, likely not requiring surgery)
+ Paula Darling (Diane Curry’s friend, has returned to hospital for continued treatment of acute leukemia)
+ Becca Simms (Darlene Market’s daughter, recuperating at home after jaw-replacement surgery)
+ Linette Wilson (friend of Joey Denney, MRI set for later this month – tumors are enlarging)
+ Sandy Hooper & Grace Polley (both being served by Hospice Care)
+ and those who battle cancer: Jeff Amthor; Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Sherry Byrd; Jean Carson; Karen Curto; John Denney; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Heidi Hammell; Donna Humble; Melissa Johnson; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Jim McCarty; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Dale Niece; Paul Niece; Sue Pitts; Paul Printiss; Nadine Ruffer; Mike Schmolt; Lyn St. Louis; Tommy Shomaker; David Schwinn; Kristen Seka-Caradonna; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Marga VanVelzer; Linda Vernon; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Dave Zakutny; Megan; anonymous
*James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … Steve & Jane Wagoner (and her father, Ray), at the death of her mother, Retta Puvogel; … Daniel & Meghan Mease (and her aunt, Denise), at the death of her uncle, Nick LaForgia; … those dealing with the far-reaching effect of the coronavirus pandemic – individuals, families, schools, businesses and churches.
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel – especially: … January’s “Mission of the Month” – our local CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) program (donations total $785); … in defense of the sanctity of human life, especially as the “Value Them Both” amendment is once again being debated in our State legislature; … the work of our Teacher Call Committee, seeking two additional LCMS Commissioned Ministers to join our faculty; … all of our congregational ministries – that the Lord would use them (and us) to bring people to know His saving grace.
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
- We pray for our Nation: … at the start of a new Presidential term of office; …those in our Armed Forces, especially those deployed in defense of our safety and liberties: John Crowley & Willie Williams, III (Afghanistan); Wilson Gauf (Bahrain); Shelby Long (Iraq); & Steven Shelton (Korea).
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”