Please note that any Prayer Request submitted here will not be confidential, but may be viewed by anyone accessing this website. Please be as specific as possible in your request, but also maintain the needed confidentiality of those for whom you may be requesting prayers. Thank you.
ST. PAUL PRAYER LIST
1. We pray for our Family of Faith: remembering those celebrating birthdays this week: Joey Jones, Crystal Hyde, Darryl Johnson, Caleb Kankelfitz, Dave Trottman, Willie Williams, Jr., Nicolas Williams, Mark Blanken, Gwen Goodloe, Shannon Herring, Saryja Nelson, Whitney Moulden, Patrick Paden, Sandy Hooper & Eric Theel. God be with you!
2. We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Tom Orlowski (begins chemo on Thursday in prep for bone-marrow transplant October 12)
+ Brian Godsey (Margaret Hanawalt’s nephew, following bone-marrow transplant – KU Med)
+ Dennis Curtis (Dakota Duncan’s uncle, at the discovery that bladder cancer is widespread)
+ Paula Darling (friend of Diane Curry, CT-Scan shows spot on lung is growing)
+ Ron Bliss (has completed chemo; begins radiation this coming week)
+ Greg Denney (continues physical rehab at Twin Oaks following quadruple heart bypass)
+ Rev. Perry Sukstorf (Redeemer/Olathe, undergoing heart-related medical tests)
+ Rev. Damian Snyder (seeking non-surgical relief of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension)
+ Rev. Ray Schiefelbein (diagnosed in the early stages of ALS – Lou Gehrig’s disease)
+ Chrysi Wilson (continues convalescence as broken left kneecap heals without surgery)
and those who battle cancer: Doris Akin; Tom Alcorn; Jody Barnhart; Bobbie Belaski; Joie Biswell; Jeff Borrink; Kathy Boyer; Vara Ditty; Terry Fender; Sean Fisher; Tara Fouch; Aedan Gibson; Pat Griffee; Sabrina Handke; Emily Heaton; Landry Hodges; Wanda Hoover; Mary Johnson; David Keithley; Walt Kloster; Linda Koenig; Katherine Hall Kohler; Marv Kohlmeier; Megan Langley; Denise Lopez; Jordan Lyle; Jenny Martin; Joan Bacon Martin; Bev Matney; Karen McNeese; Sheila Mossman; Neil; Angela Newman; Wayne Nighbert; Paul Pennington; Linda Persky; Diane Pool; Paul Prentiss; Mike Price; Lori Richardson; JD (John) Rink; Star Roberts; Bernie Roller; Jacqui Sahadevan; Richard Schmuldt; Kent Seeler; Jeremiah Shanahan; Gay Lea Shaw; Sherrie Taylor; Brad Vermaas; Vicky; Mary Ann Webber; Gary Whitby; David White; Stacy Wicker; Dave Wilmetti; Doris Woodward; Jackie Wozney
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … our LWML – both Ladies Aid & Ladies Auxiliary – as they live as “Women in Mission” among us; … the ministry of Dakota Boys & Girls Ranch (Minot, ND), as they minister to troubled youth; … our Jr. St. Paul Youth, who attended the KS District Jr. High Youth Gathering these past two days, that they would find joy and strength in their growing faith; … our upcoming “Be the Church” Sunday, when we take time to put our faith into practice by acts of love and service to others. The Lord be with you!
4. We raise up our efforts in sharing the Gospel in both our joint ministry as a congregation, and in our individual opportunities to share the faith, especially in our efforts to show Christ’s love to those of the Islamic faith as we support POBLO (“People Of the Book Lutheran Outreach”) this month as our “Mission of the Month.” Let’s cultivate awesome relationships for eternity!
[FYI: The 7th Street Feast received $1150 as September’s “Mission of the Month.”
Special offerings in September for Phase II of the Community Garden totaled $626.]
5. We pray for our Nation: seeking the Lord’s blessing for those in our Armed Forces – especially those serving deployments: Travis Connell, in Afghanistan;Brad Pflugradt, at RAF Mildenhall, England. God Bless America!