ST. PAUL PRAYER LIST – Week of April 4, 2021
- We pray for those celebrating birthdays this week: Spencer Marshall, Tammie Wahaus, Rebekah Williams, Dawn Booth, Dakota Duncan, Gwen Ernzen & Shane Norris. Happy Birthday!
* Psalm 104:33 – “I will sing praise to my God as long as I live!”
- We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Tally McLemore (hospitalized with head injuries when struck by a hit & run driver at our school corner)
+ MaryAnn Webber (continues 24-hr. oxygen at home to help with breathing)
+ Ava Diaz (Margaret Hanawalt’s granddaughter, now recovered from a concussion while playing soccer)
+ Cindy Hammons (doing well following 2nd cataract surgery will be this past Tuesday)
+ John Denney (who will soon begin accelerated radiation for treatment of prostate cancer)
+ one of our own (who is now in the 3rd week of a residential addiction treatment program)
+ Louise Kincaid (eye surgery is scheduled for April 13; the lens is pulling away from the eye)
+ Bruce & Phyl Mueller (relatives of Genters, both with COVID; she is hospitalized, he is self-quarantined)
+ a friend of Jane Seuser (the daughter of a former co-worker, who has entered into Hospice care)
+ Nancy Fruechtenicht (remains at Lansing Care & Rehab for physical therapy due to Parkinson’s)
+ Pat Bradford (will remain at Lansing Care & Rehab at least a few more weeks before returning home)
+ Charlotte Underwood (Becca Mease’s mother, moving toward 24-hr in-home care as her health weakens)
+ Grant Goebel (Brenda’s grandson, receiving PICC-line antibiotics for acute infection after knee surgery)
+ Pandy Goff (aunt of Maggie Beisert, hospitalized with breathing difficulty, fluid has returned to her lungs)
+ David Berger (Helen Genter’s cousin, continues to deal with ongoing neurological issues)
+ Sandy Hooper & Grace Polley (both being served by Hospice Care)
+ and those who battle cancer: Jeff Amthor; Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Sherry Byrd; Jean Carson; Karen Curto; John Denney; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Terrence Gonzalez; Twila Haecker; Heidi Hammell; Donna Humble; Melissa Johnson; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Jim McCarty; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Dale Niece; Paul Niece; Sue Pitts; Paul Printiss; Nadine Ruffer; Mike Schmolt; Lyn St. Louis; Tommy Shomaker; David Schwinn; Kristen Seka-Caradonna; Chris Small; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Marga VanVelzer; Linda Vernon; Linette Wilson; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Dave Zakutny; Megan; anonymous
*James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … Jane Limback (former Interim Principal), at the death of her father, Roland Leslie Limback; … Sandi (co-worker of Janice Denney) and her family, at the death of her uncle, Darrell; … Josh & Taylor Commiato (Jane Seuser’s granddaughter), at the news their unborn son is showing signs of kidney problems in the 3rd trimester; … Derek & Amanda Warden (granddaughter of Don & Eleanor Denney), awaiting birth of twin boys due this month; … those suffering from the far-reaching effect of the coronavirus pandemic beyond illness or the loss of loved ones – individuals, families, schools, businesses and churches.
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel – especially: … March’s “Mission of the Month” – the water-well projects of Samaritan’s Purse (donations totaled $795); … all our congregational ministries – in addition to our School: Paul’s Buffet, the 7th Street Feast, Meals That Matter, our KKLO Broadcast & Facebook Live simulcast, the Community Garden, Kid’s Connection, and more – that the Lord would use them (and us) to bring people to know His saving grace.
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
- We pray for our Nation: … that our leaders would recognize the impact passing the Equality Act would have upon churches and schools, and the free exercise of our faith; … those in our Armed Forces, especially those deployed in defense of our safety and liberties: John Crowley & Willie Williams, III (Afghanistan); Wilson Gauf (Bahrain); Shelby Long (Iraq); & Steven Shelton (Korea).
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”