Please note that any Prayer Request submitted here will not be confidential, but may be viewed by anyone accessing this website. Please be as specific as possible in your request, but also maintain the needed confidentiality of those for whom you may be requesting prayers. Thank you.
ST. PAUL PRAYER LIST
1. We pray for those celebrating birthdays this week: Monica Collins, Merrie Jordan, Patrick Grace, Chase Knueven, Amy Auten, Karen Gerardy, Rhonda Crute, Lisa Dane, Michael Harrison & Darcy Waymire. Happy Birthday!
* Psalm 104:33 – “I will sing praise to my God as long as I live!”
2. We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Erv Jobe (transcatheter aortic-valve replacement set for Wednesday)
+ Sherry Whitson (on bed-rest due to concussion after a fall, resulting in a broken shoulder bone)
+ Joyce Sherman (Sherry Whitson’s mother, following back surgery this past Wednesday)
+ Patrick Grace (has returned to work after home-quarantine due to COVID-19 – family is fine)
+ Helen Genter (who awaits the results of a COVID test)
+ Paula Darling (friend of Diane Curry, undergoing radiation following recent PET-Scan)
+ Jeff Amthor (Maintenance Man at Shawnee Plaza, starting cancer treatments this week)
+ Daniel Mease (son of Pastor Ed & Becca, taking antibiotic treatment for suspected Lyme Disease)
+ Nancy Fruechtenicht (who continues to experience undiagnosed faint episodes)
+ Kari Ernzen (off-work another 5-7 weeks after recent “patch” surgery for Chiari Malformation)
+ Steve Wagoner (continues recovery following a broken ankle – in a boot, no weight allowed on it)
+ Pat King (convalescing after recent surgery; had follow-up visit with surgeon this past week)
+ Matt Ransom (Tom & Cheryl Orlowski’s nephew, remains wheel-chair bound, but doing much better)
+ Grace Polley (now being served by Hospice Care as she continues to reside at The Piper)
+ and those who battle cancer: Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Sherry Byrd; Jean Carson; Karen Curto; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Mason Goodloe; Norma Griffith; Heidi Hammell; Donna Humble; Ralph Kloster; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Jim McCarty; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Dale Niece; Paul Niece; Sue Pitts; Paul Printiss; Bernie Roller; Nadine Ruffer; Mike Schmolt; Lyn St. Louis; Tommy Shomaker; David Schwinn; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Marga VanVelzer; Linda Vernon; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Dave Zakutny; Megan; anonymous
*James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … those dealing with COVID quarantines: the Leavenworth Community of Hope (the day & night shelters, and Welcome Central); the residents of Shawnee Plaza apartments (including Sharon Adams & Janet Jackson-Knight); a school parent (their children show no signs, but are also in a 14-day quarantine at home); … David & Judy Berger (Helen Genter’s cousin), as they transition to his continued care at home; … the Bowles family (a coworker of Janice Denney), at the loss of their home and possessions in a fire – thankful that family and pets are all safe; … Becca Mease, seeking travel mercies while she cares for her mother thru October; … those suffering from the western wildfires, and those suffering from the soon-to-end hurricane season.
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel – especially: … September’s “Mission of the Month” – Brady Johnson’s Eagle Scout project, building a front deck ramp at the home of Larry & Velma Bass – donations ($1700 to date) will help with the cost of supplies (now set at $2500); … our congregational ministries, that the Lord would use them (and us) to bring people to know His saving grace.
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
5. We pray for our Nation: … in light of the political and racial strife and violence; … the far-reaching effect of the coronavirus pandemic on individuals, families, schools, businesses and churches; … those deployed in our Armed Forces: John Crowley & Willie Williams, III (Afghanistan); Wilson Gauf (Bahrain); Shelby Long (Iraq); Chris Name (Kuwait); & Steven Shelton (Korea). Evan Abramson (who has been in the Middle East), is due to return home early next month – we rejoice in his safe deployment.
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”