ST. PAUL PRAYER LIST – Week of November 29, 2020
1. We pray for those celebrating birthdays this week: Erica Cassella, Janet Jackson-Knight, Bryan Market & Alyssa Hochard. Happy Birthday!
* Psalm 104:33 – “I will sing praise to my God as long as I live!”
2. We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Howard “Bates” Dyer (older co-worker of Rhonda Crute, hospitalized for treatment of COVID)
+ Kristen Seka-Caradonna (former student of Cindy Hammons, at the diagnosis of cancer)
+ Joan Nance (being treated for swollen and inflamed middle left toe – cause remains unknown)
+ Vickie Doughty (Pastor Ed’s sister, diagnosed with kidney cancer, removal set for December 16)
+ Angie Schwalm (recovering from COVID – returned to her classroom & coaching this past Monday)
+ Patrick Heine (husband of former teacher, Mary; hospitalized with complications related to COVID)
+ John Denney (at the diagnosis of Stage 3 prostate cancer, meets with an oncologist this Thursday)
+ Ed Dane (following recent knee-replacement surgery – has begun physical therapy)
+ Paul Hester (recuperating from recent back surgery – faces long series of physical therapy)
+ Kristin Michaels (SPLCS school parent, Suzie Lawson’s daughter, who remains hospitalized)
+ Paula Darling (Diane Curry’s friend, amidst treatment at the diagnosis of acute leukemia)
+ David Berger (Helen Genter’s cousin, showing slow progress after surgery to relieve brain pressure)
+ Sandy Hooper & Grace Polley (both being served by Hospice Care)
+ and those who battle cancer: Jeff Amthor; Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Sherry Byrd; Jean Carson; Karen Curto; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Mason Goodloe; Norma Griffith; Heidi Hammell; Donna Humble; Melissa Johnson; Ralph Kloster; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Jim McCarty; Brandi McGuiness; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Dale Niece; Paul Niece; Sue Pitts; Paul Printiss; Bernie Roller; Nadine Ruffer; Mike Schmolt; Lyn St. Louis; Tommy Shomaker; David Schwinn; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Marga VanVelzer; Linda Vernon; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Dave Zakutny; Megan; anonymous
*James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: ... the successful ministry of Thursday’s 19th Annual “7th Street Feast”; … the 23 different missions, agencies and special needs that were recipients of a part of the $545,000 that was disbursed both locally and nationally from our tithe of the proceeds from the sale of the Pin Oak Acres Apartments – we were truly blessed to be able to be a blessing to them; … those who will be returning home from family visits for the holiday – both for safe travels, and for successful results of COVID precautions; … those dealing with the far-reaching effect of the coronavirus pandemic – individuals, families, schools, businesses and churches.
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel – especially: … November’s “Mission of the Month” – supporting the Christmas Stores of Metro Lutheran Ministry (cash donations now total $1050); … our congregational ministries – our School, Paul’s Buffet, the 7th Street Feast, Meals That Matter, our KKLO Broadcast & Facebook Live simulcast, the Community Garden, Kid’s Connection, and more – that the Lord would use them (and us) to bring people to know His saving grace.
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
- We pray for our Nation: … for a peaceful and productive transition of power, even as the legal cases resulting from the Presidential election continue; … those deployed in our Armed Forces: John Crowley & Willie Williams, III (Afghanistan); Wilson Gauf (Bahrain); Shelby Long (Iraq); Chris Name (Kuwait); & Steven Shelton (Korea).
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”