Please note that any Prayer Request submitted here will not be confidential, but may be viewed by anyone accessing this website. Please be as specific as possible in your request, but also maintain the needed confidentiality of those for whom you may be requesting prayers. Thank you.
ST. PAUL PRAYER LIST – Week of October 25, 2020
1. We pray for those celebrating birthdays this week: Randall Hoppe, Kamdon Hoppe, Dick Quinlan, Samantha Brackney, Jason Wahaus, Marcus Seeler & Mateo Nelson. Happy Birthday!
* Psalm 104:33 – “I will sing praise to my God as long as I live!”
2. We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Sandy Hooper (who has entered Hospice Care at home following news of liver cancer worsening)
+ Rev. Dave Benson (of Ozark, MO; friend of Pastor Tom VanDuzer, battling lymphoma)
+ Lily Hunter (daughter of PK-2 teacher, Lori, after nasal surgery Friday, due to frequent nosebleeds)
+ MaryAnn Webber (after recent hospitalization for the treatment of persistent intestinal bleeding)
+ Daniel Mease (recuperating from outpatient laser lithotripsy to remove a kidney stone)
+ a member (consulting with doctor after experiencing symptoms of an enlarged liver)
+ Paula Darling (Diane Curry’s friend, bone marrow biopsy shows acute leukemia, awaits prognosis)
+ Barbara Regnier (beginning physical therapy at news of torn right bicep; future rotator-cuff surgery)
+ Paul Hester (scheduled for long-awaited back surgery on November 9)
+ David Berger (consulting with doctor about possibility of further surgery after findings of recent MRI)
+ Grace Polley (now being served by Hospice Care as she continues to reside at The Piper)
+ and those who battle cancer: Jeff Amthor; Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Sherry Byrd; Jean Carson; Karen Curto; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Mason Goodloe; Norma Griffith; Heidi Hammell; Donna Humble; Melissa Johnson; Ralph Kloster; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Jim McCarty; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Dale Niece; Paul Niece; Sue Pitts; Paul Printiss; Bernie Roller; Nadine Ruffer; Mike Schmolt; Lyn St. Louis; Tommy Shomaker; David Schwinn; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Marga VanVelzer; Linda Vernon; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Dave Zakutny; Megan; anonymous
*James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … our Junior Confirmands: Aiden Grace & Saryja Nelson, that their confirmation of the faith professed in their baptismal vows would guide them in life, both temporal and eternal; ... those dealing with COVID quarantines – including: once again, the residents of Shawnee Plaza Apartments (including Sharon Adams & Janet Jackspn-Knight); the Leavenworth Community of Hope (the day & night shelters, and Welcome Central); the faculty & staff of Trinity Lutheran Church & School in Atchison, many of whom are COVID-positive; … Becca Mease, seeking travel mercies as she returns from Arizona this coming Saturday evening.
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel – especially: … October’s “Mission of the Month” – the 19th Annual 7th Street Feast [special donations to date total $445]; … the work of the POA Tithe Committee, in recommending distribution of $500,000 in two-dozen gifts to be approved by our Ministry Directors; … Katherine de la Cruz, who will be leaving her SPLCS position at the end of the month (Jane Wagoner has decided against taking the bookkeeping position; other arrangements are being made for this part of our congregational ministry); … our other ministries – our School, Paul’s Buffet, the 7th Street Feast, Meals That Matter, our KKLO Broadcast & Facebook Live simulcast, the Community Garden, Kid’s Connection, and more – that the Lord would use them (and us) to bring people to know His saving grace.
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
- We pray for our Nation: … as we approach Election Day in just a little more than 2 weeks; … in light of the political and racial strife and violence; … the far-reaching effect of the coronavirus pandemic on individuals, families, schools, businesses and churches; … those deployed in our Armed Forces: John Crowley & Willie Williams, III (Afghanistan); Wilson Gauf (Bahrain); Shelby Long (Iraq); Chris Name (Kuwait); & Steven Shelton (Korea).
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”