Please note that any Prayer Request submitted here will not be confidential, but may be viewed by anyone accessing this website. Please be as specific as possible in your request, but also maintain the needed confidentiality of those for whom you may be requesting prayers. Thank you.
ST. PAUL PRAYER LIST
1. We pray for our Family of Faith: remembering those celebrating birthdays this week – Amanda Bradford, Daniel Robinson, Pat King, Emmett Johnson, Jeff Ronk, Phil Sickler, Nicholas Theel, Laura Cribb, Gage Wipf, Seth vonSeggern, Jacey McGraw, Alan Crute, Joe Henry, Rick Richter, Norma Poff, Maggie Sloop & Pat Wells. May the Lord bless you!
2. We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Faye Ronk (Jeff's mother, following a heart catheterization this past Friday)
+ Susan Jobe (daughter-in-law of Erv & Shirley, who is hospitalized in Omaha)
+ Martha VanSandt (who will undergo surgery Monday at Providence to clean ankle surgery wound)
+ Rev. Tom VanDuzer (of Our Savior/KCK, who underwent hip=replacement surgery this past week)
+ Daryl Doughty (Pastor Ed’s brother-in-law, convalescing from knee surgery to mend a torn tendon)
+ Jane Seuser (fell last Friday nite, suffered a cracked tail bone)
+ Stacey Burton (Joan Nance’s daughter, pathology of breast biopsy shows no malignancy – PTL!)
+ David Bezona (the Bass’ son-in-law, in long-term care for treatment of cellulitis and wound on foot)
+ Tom Orlowski (will have an area of squamous cell cancer removed from his shoulder on August 23)
+ Brian Kobler (John Denney’s brother-in-law, convalescing at home after treatment of atrial-fibrillation)
+ Tim Wells (dealing with several health issues)
+ Dennis Regnier (brother of Diane Barrett & Barbara Regnier, after recent diabetes-related surgery)
+ Joan Nance (outpatient oral surgery tentatively set for Wednesday at Providence)
+ Joan Burre (convalescing after recent Achilles Tendon surgery; spinal surgery has been postponed)
+ Margaret LeBreton (at Twin Oaks rehab facility)
+ Robert Goldsborough (nephew of Pamela Robinson, awaiting kidney transplant)
+ and those who battle cancer: Barbara Aldridge; Donna Keene Arnn; Susie Beying; Jeff Borrink; Bob Broge; Jean Carson; Paula Darling; Georgeann Geis; Steven Grace; Norma Griffith; John Gurss; Richard Hambleton; Donna Humble; Pam Hund; Larry Johnson; Nancy Keel; Sam Kell; Walt Kloster; Agnes Rink Killen; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Willi Mansil; Judy Matthijetz; Tom McBath; Karen McNeese; Marilyn Miller; Theresa Miller; Sandy & Wayne Nighbert; Sue Pitts; Paul Printiss; Star Roberts; Bernie Roller; David Schwinn; Kent Seeler; Gay Lea Shaw; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Linda Vernon; Phelba Wecas; Sara (Schlueter) Weidner; Doris Woodward; Carolyn Wrigley; Dave Zakutny
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … Dawn Booth, at the death of her half-brother, Kenny McSherry; … Scott Booth, at the death of friend and former co-worker, Randy Simek; … Kevin Lunsford (Lori Humble’s building principal), at the death of his father, Kent; … our area farmers, who are thankful for recent rains – even as the need for continued rain exists. The Lord is with you!
4. We raise up our efforts in sharing the Gospel, especially: … the “Mission of the Month” for August – St. Luke’s Lutheran Church in KCK – as we share with our sister-congregation in their innovative ways of ministering to their neighborhood: the urban poor of the urban core (donations to date total $210); … our School Ministry, as we enter our 155th school year, which begins Tuesday; … our newly-appointed Principal Call Committee – Randall Hoppe, Del Housworth, Darl Summers, Monica Collins & Lori Humble – as they lead us toward calling our next LCMS-Commissioned Minister to serve as Principal. Let’s “cultivate awesome relationships for eternity” by “personalizing a Christ-centered education.”
5. We pray for our Nation: seeking special blessing over those in our Armed Forces – for those arriving for CGSC/SAMS; and for those deployed or at distant posts, and their families: John Crowley (Afghanistan); & Zachary Kincaid(Kuwait). God Bless America!
The family and loved ones of Art Hawkins invite you to join them in celebrating his life
– once temporal; now eternal – on Sunday, August 26, starting at 1 PM, here in the Sanctuary.
Following the service, there will be the opportunity to visit with one another in the Church Basement.