- We pray for those celebrating birthdays this week: Debbie Moulden, Alexander Williams, Dayton Krites, Clay Lampen, Sharon Adams, Lyndsey Laramore, Bill Hammons, Kyle Seeler & Linda Harrod. Happy Birthday!
* Psalm 104:33 – “I will sing praise to my God as long as I live!”
- We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Cindy Frey (Beth Diaz’s daughter, diagnosed with Covid … after both vaccination and booster shots)
+ Greg Denney (John’s brother, hospitalized after sustaining broken shoulder and thumb)
+ Rus Schafer (following outpatient Mohs surgery to remove an area of skin cancer from his ear)
+ Rick Ernzen (cared for at home for COVID – as a precaution, both he & Gwen have been vaccinated)
+ Karen Keesbury (sister of Lynn Genter, under home-quarantine in Ohio at the diagnosis of COVID)
+ Tom Orlowski (remains at KU Med Center, being treated for MRSA as-well-as new area of pneumonia)
+ Pat King (recuperating at home after recent surgery)
+ Brenda Goebel (diagnosed with a partially torn retina)
+ Anna Foster (this past week was the 5th of 12 bi-weekly rounds of chemo for colon cancer)
+ Sonnie Wheeler (cousin of Barbara Regnier, following surgery to remove lung malignancy)
+ Barb Hargiss (Janet Jackson-Knight’s daughter, following carotid-artery angioplasty last Thursday)
+ Mindy Williams (undergoing tests due to neuropathy in feet – MRI soon; hoping to rule out MS)
+ Ryan Hall (recuperating from being treated at home for bronchitis and pneumonia)
+ Martha Parrett (at Lansing Care/Rehab for PT after hip surgery; one shoulder broken, one fractured)
+ Chris Couch (friend of Scott Booth, home, but still on oxygen battling pneumonia)
+ Nancy Fruechtenicht (will continues to reside at Lansing Care & Rehab for long-term care)
+ Martha VanSandt (who is being cared for by home health palliative care services)
+ Grace Polley (being served by Hospice Care at The Piper)
+ and those who battle cancer: Cid Allison; Jeff Amthor; Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Carolyn Brueggemann; Kim Butz; Sherry Byrd; Jean Carson; Karen Curto; Katie Denney; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Terrence Gonzalez; Twila Haecker; Heidi Hammell; Donna Humble; Melissa Johnson; Eric Kittrell; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Jim McCarty; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Dale Niece; Paul Niece; Sue Pitts; Sue Porter; Paul Printiss; Nadine Ruffer; Mike Schmolt; Lyn St. Louis; David Schwinn; Kristen Seka-Caradonna; Darlene Sell; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Marga VanVelzer; Linda Vernon; Linette Wilson; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Dave Zakutny; Megan
*James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … Kathy Johnson & Ed Dane (& their families), at the death of their cousin, Linda’s, husband, Cary; … the continued evacuation of both refugees from Afghanistan – especially for Hazrat (a Lutheran lay worker) and his family, friends of the Hesters, and other Afghani Christians; … those who are still dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Ida.
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel: … praying the Lord’s blessing over September’s “Mission of the Month,” the “Grocery-Getters” of Northside Grocery Transport, Inc., your special donations total $210; … that in all our congregational ministries, the Lord would use them – and us – to bring people to know His saving grace (and that none of that would be hindered by the collapsed brick in the bell-tower and the impact that restoration has on the use of our Sanctuary).
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
- We pray for our Nation: … as we ask the Lord’s care over those in our Armed Forces – especially those deployed in defense of our safety: Willie Williams, III (Germany); & Shelby Long (Iraq); Tiffany Bagi (UAE).
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”