- We pray for those celebrating birthdays this week: Julia Bates, Josh Driskell, Josh Blanken, Phil Klotz, Ryan Griffith, Jason Driskell, Sammie Hall, Beckey Blanken, Jessie Hall, Teri vonSeggern, Todd Orlowski, Owen Watkins, LaVera Aufdemberge, Margaret Hanawalt, Mark Niemann & Bob Wells. Happy Birthday!
* Psalm 104:33 – “I will sing praise to my God as long as I live!”
- We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Nancy Fruechtenicht (at Lansing Care & Rehab for up to a month of physical therapy after recent fainting)
+ Cindy Hammons (who will undergo the 1st of double cataract surgeries this coming Tuesday)
+ Grant Goebel (Brenda’s grandson, receiving PICC-line antibiotics for acute infection after knee surgery)
+ Bill Hammons (recuperating from episode of extremely high blood-pressure; plus inner-ear infection)
+ Mikko Pitajamaki (“exchange student brother” of Lori Hall, to undergo brain tumor surgery March 15)
+ Charlotte Underwood (Becca Mease’s mother, now requiring more in-home care as her health weakens)
+ Ed Dane (recuperating at home after recent knee-replacement surgery; physical therapy has begun)
+ Phil Klotz (who is at Twin Oak Rehab as the hip fracture heals; no surgery planned)
+ Melissa Johnson (has finished chemotherapy; will now undergo mastectomy)
+ Father David McEvoy (recuperating from viral pneumonia/low oxygen saturation resulting from COVID)
+ Pandy Goff (aunt of Maggie Beisert, hospitalized with breathing difficulty, fluid has returned to her lungs)
+ Kathy Compton (mother-in-law of Dana, our School Picture Lady, hospitalized after a heart-attack)
+ Renae Clark (school parent, experiencing kidney failure, and now also loss of sight)
+ Vernon Parker (former neighbor of Chyza Nelson, at St. Luke’s rehab, likely up to a month after 2 strokes)
+ David Berger (Helen Genter’s cousin, continues to deal with ongoing neurological issues)
+ Sandy Hooper & Grace Polley (both being served by Hospice Care)
+ and those who battle cancer: Jeff Amthor; Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Sherry Byrd; Jean Carson; Karen Curto; John Denney; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Terrence Gonzalez; Heidi Hammell; Donna Humble; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Jim McCarty; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Dale Niece; Paul Niece; Sue Pitts; Paul Printiss; Nadine Ruffer; Mike Schmolt; Lyn St. Louis; Tommy Shomaker; David Schwinn; Kristen Seka-Caradonna; Chris Small; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Marga VanVelzer; Linda Vernon; Linette Wilson; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Dave Zakutny; Megan; anonymous
*James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … those who’ve lost loved ones: Diane Curry, at the death of her friend, Paula Darling; Rev. Eric & Emily Wood, at the death of their friend, Keith Winstroer; … Becca Mease, for travel mercies as she goes to Arizona tomorrow to help care for her mother; … those dealing with the far-reaching effect of the coronavirus pandemic – individuals, families, schools, businesses and churches.
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel – especially: … February’s “Mission of the Month” – the KS District’s “Hearts for Jesus” offering supporting the schools of Iowa’s derecho storm (donations totaled $680); … Shannon Manley (of Bethany/Overland Park), as she prayerfully considers the Divine Call extended by our Voters Assembly to teach in our PreKindergarten program; … all of our congregational ministries – that the Lord would use them (and us) to bring people to know His saving grace.
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
- We pray for our Nation: … as legislative debate of the Equality Act continues, that our leaders would recognize the impact passing such a law would have upon churches and schools, and the free exercise of our faith; … those in our Armed Forces, especially those deployed in defense of our safety and liberties: John Crowley & Willie Williams, III (Afghanistan); Wilson Gauf (Bahrain); Shelby Long (Iraq); & Steven Shelton (Korea).
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”