- We pray for those celebrating birthdays this week: Velma Bass, Nancy Fruechtenicht, Larry Nance, Cindy Hammons, Elaina Collins, Scott Booth, Louise Kincaid, Rosie Wells, Beth Diaz & Linda Hoppe. Happy Birthday!
* Psalm 104:33 – “I will sing praise to my God as long as I live!”
- We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Anna Foster (begins 6 months of 3-day chemo on 3-week rotations tomorrow, battling colon cancer)
+ Cindy Hammons (will undergo the Osia hearing device implant tomorrow)
+ Don Denney (will consult with surgeon for options – angioplasty or bypass – for arterial blockage)
+ Bob Wells (stress-test tomorrow; if OK’d by cardiologist, neurosurgeon will schedule laminectomy)
+ Emily Rich (diagnosis of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, related to POTS, affecting central nervous system)
+ Nancy Fruechtenicht (has returned to Lansing Care & Rehab following partial hip replacement)
+ Char Underwood (Becca Mease’s mother, who has entered into Hospice Palliative Care)
+ Brenda Cunningham (Debbie Martini’s mother, as they pray for a peaceful transition to eternal life)
+ Anita Heine (Margaret Hanawalt’s sister, awaits diagnosis of issues found in routine screenings)
+ Heidi Hammell (Diane Curry's niece, at the recurrence of a brain tumor in her battle with cancer)
+ Tammy Rich (continues with PT following recent hip surgery)
+ Barbara Regnier (preparing for shoulder surgery on July 30)
+ Kent Seeler (Judi Camp’s brother, on dialysis as he awaits cancerous kidney removal on August 2)
+ Brenda Goebel (beginning out-patient PT next week following recent shoulder-replacement)
+ Elaine Mann (sister of Pat King, now home following stay at rehab after suffering a mild stroke)
+ David Berger (Helen Genter’s cousin, increased progression: speech is returning; stands short times)
+ Grace Polley (being served by Hospice Care at The Piper)
+ and those who battle cancer: Cid Allison; Jeff Amthor; Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Carolyn Brueggemann; Kim Butz; Sherry Byrd; Jean Carson; Karen Curto; Katie Denney; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Terrence Gonzalez; Twila Haecker; Donna Humble; Melissa Johnson; Eric Kittrell; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Jim McCarty; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Dale Niece; Paul Niece; Sue Pitts; Sue Porter; Paul Printiss; Nadine Ruffer; Mike Schmolt; Lyn St. Louis; Tommy Shomaker; David Schwinn; Kristen Seka-Caradonna; Darlene Sell; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Marga VanVelzer; Linda Vernon; Linette Wilson; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Dave Zakutny; Megan
*James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … LeighLyn Diaz (Beth’s great-great granddaughter), who will be baptized this coming Thursday; … Tina Grugan (friend of Diane Curry), seeking peace after suffering theft from her locked car this past Wednesday night, as she also deals with chronic health issues; … our military officers and families who are making PCS moves this summer – Godspeed!
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel: … partnering with Operation Rapid Response (serving our veterans in crisis) as our July “Mission of the Month” – donations so far total $155; … that in all our congregational ministries (in addition to our School: Paul’s Buffet, the 7th Street Feast, Meals That Matter, our KKLO Broadcast & Facebook Live simulcast, the Community Garden, Kid’s Connection, and more) the Lord would use them – and us – to bring people to know His saving grace … and that none of that would be hindered by the discovery of collapsed brick in the bell-tower and the impact that restoration has on the use of our Sanctuary.
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
- We pray for our Nation: especially as we seek the Lord’s care for those in our Armed Forces – in particular, those deployed in defense of our safety and liberties: John Crowley & Willie Williams, III (Afghanistan); & Shelby Long (Iraq). Wilson Gauf (friend of Lori Hall) is now safely stateside – PTL!
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”