Please note that any Prayer Request submitted here will not be confidential, but may be viewed by anyone accessing this website. Please be as specific as possible in your request, but also maintain the needed confidentiality of those for whom you may be requesting prayers. Thank you.
ST. PAUL PRAYER LIST
1. We pray for our those celebrating birthdays this week: Mark Clemens, Sherry Whitson, Marshall Blanken, Carrie Bednarz, Judi Camp, Don Denney & Jennifer Miller. Happy Birthday!
* Psalm 104:33 – “I will sing praise to my God as long as I live!”
- We lift up our loved ones with health concerns:
+ Suzie Lawson (following double knee-replacement surgery this past Thursday)
+ Kristan Branson (fiancée of Billy Wells, at KU Med Center; induced coma following auto accident)
+ Daniel Mease (Pastor Ed & Becca’s son, heart tests were clear – bulging disc, to consult with doctor)
+ Sherry Byrd (friend of Suzie Lawson, tentative surgery on November 20 for cancer in abdomen)
+ Connie Denney (convalescing after recent arthroscopic procedure performed on tendons in hip)
+ Rev. Jason Boetcher (Circuit Visitor, former SPLCS staff, beginning chemo for Stage 3 lymphoma)
+ Carlene Navinskey (niece of Louise Kincaid, hospitalized, enlarged heart; infection and fluid build-up)
+ Bud Kreutzer (former member, hospitalized fighting a blood infection stemming from growth on toe)
+ Phil Klotz (receiving home-based therapy after recent knee-replacement surgery)
+ Tom Orlowski (on new med regime to help with appetite and depression; hopes to avoid pneumonia)
+ Margaret Meyer (continues convalescence from hip-replacement surgery in Twin Oak nursing care)
+ and those who battle cancer: Carol Beisert; Susie Beying; Helen Bowman; Jean Carson; Claude Collins; Karen Curto; Paula Darling; Jeff Ford; Georgeann Geis; Norma Griffith; Heidi Hammell; Donna Humble; Larry Johnson; Sam Kell; Linda Koenig; Lydia Landfair; Megan Langley; Jolene Lichty; Debbie Lober; Judy Matthijetz; Naomi Matthys; Jim McCarty; Ed Milburger; Marilyn Miller; Theresa Miller; Dale Niece; Sue Pitts; Paul Printiss; Bernie Roller; Nadine Ruffer; Mike Schmolt; Lyn St. Louis; Tommy Schomaker; David Schwinn; Kent Seeler; Storm Shannon; Greg Smith; Jerry Thompson; Linda Vernon; Phelba Wecas; Sara Weidner; Dave Wiseman; Doris Woodward; Carolyn Wrigley; Dave Zakutny
* James 5:16 – “Pray for each other, so that you may be healed.”
3. We seek the Lord’s blessing for: … Dave & Kelley Santos (friends of Dave & Monica Collins) at the deaths of their premature sons, James & John; … Jessica Waymire (and her family), at the death of her uncle, Steve Kowalewski; … Grace Polley, who has moved to the Memory Care Facility of The Piper in KCK [address: 2300 N. 113th Terr.; Armordale Unit – Apt. #169; Kansas City, KS 66109]; … Sally Niemann, who today is Commissioned as a Minister of Religion in the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, and “officially” Installed as such here at SPLCS – PTL!; … the negotiations for the sale of the Pin Oak Acres Apartments, and all that will follow for the corporation, tenants, and our congregation.
* Genesis 28:3 – “May God almighty bless you!”
4. We raise up the ministry of the Gospel – especially: … our November “Mission of the Month” – the Voice of the Martyrs – as they support persecuted Christians around the world (your gifts now total $95); … Ed Dane, Del Housworth, Rhonda Crute & Susan Grace – who have been nominated for terms as Ministry Directors, that the Lord would prepare them for continued service to Him and to our congregation; … all our congregational ministries: the School, Kid’s Connection, Paul’s Buffet, Dinner Church, the 7th Street Feast, our KKLO Broadcast, the Community Garden (and more) – that the Lord would use them (and us) to bring people to know His saving grace.
* Romans 1:16 – “The gospel … is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
5. We pray for those in our Armed Forces: especially those who are deployed: John Crowley & Willie Williams, III (Afghanistan); Alex Feistner (Japan); Shelby Long (Iraq); & Evan Abramson (Middle East).
* Psalm 121:8 – “The Lord will watch over your coming and going, both now and forevermore.”